Friday, April 18, 2014

P is for Postcrossing and for...

As for last year, P is for Postcrossing. After quilting, it is my favorite hobby. I send off postcards to the great unknown of people out there, and then receive postcards in my mailbox.

 From the website:

About Postcrossing:
"The goal of this project is to allow people to receive postcards from all over the world, for free. Well, almost free! The main idea is that: if you send a postcard, you will receive one back from a random Postcrosser from somewhere in the world....The element of surprise of receiving postcards from different places in the world (many of which you probably have never heard of) can turn your mailbox into a box of surprises - and who wouldn't like that?"

So much fun, in a quiet way, to receive mail other than bills and advertising.
Recently in my mailbox:



Card from Thailand (top) and China (bottom).  Both with wonderful stamps, too.

******************
Now for the other P that is an important part of my life.  And that is poop.  I will not get graphic, but any mom with three children knows that dealing with poop is part of the job.  And though my children are grown I still have problems with one of them, not using the toilet often enough.  Enough said.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

  Pin It

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Postcrossing sounds fun. Maybe I'll have my daughter get into it. It might be a cool way for her to explore the world : )

HistorySleuth said...

I have never heard of the postcard thing. So it's totally random? I think its cool people actually still send mail!
History Sleuth's Writings - Blogging A-Z

Related Posts with Thumbnails