Wednesday, April 2, 2014

B is for bored yet busy

I am already feeling the pressure of blogging everyday. Recall that I am used to blogging once a week.

I am realizing that I am bored, a bit, with my job.   Yet I am quite busy.  If you think about it the two do go together.  I work at a local university.  New students every year keep it fresh, but I am teaching the same old stuff from the same powerpoints for awhile now.

Hope is here though.  1. I am switching to a new textbook for my introductory course, which always freshens things up.  2. This coming fall I am co-teaching courses with some great people.  3. This semester I am trying new teaching techniques in one class ( a form of flipping the class room) and that class is not boring!

Viridian
    Pin It

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just graduated from college (and decided I hadn't had enough, so now I'm enrolled in graduate studies). I TOTALLY understand the boredom of semester after semester, even with different classes, classmates and professors. :)

I will say that students appreciate it so much when professors make classes exciting and memorable! Sounds like you're doing a great job. :)

Stopping by from the A to Z--I'm at JaimieRamsey.com. :)

Tui Snider said...

Sounds like you are on the right track to curing your boredom!

Thanks again for dropping by my blog today. :D

~Tui Snider~
My blog: Tui Snider's Offbeat & Overlooked Travel
I am also part of the #StoryDam team, a friendly writing community!

Related Posts with Thumbnails