Saturday, April 6, 2013

F is for Flowers

I think many of the bloggers in the A to Z challenge will pick flowers - let me join the crowd.

It is a cold Spring in this part of the Midwest, as it is in many parts of the Central and Northeast USA. My daffodil shoots came up early then the tips withered in a big late snowstorm. Today, finally, some of the daffodils are fully open, showing their yellow faces. What a great color! Why don't we appreciate this color in a dandelion? Maybe because Daffodils do their flowering and are done, while the dandelions spread all over the yard.

More on flowers: there were many pretty ones in the floral section of the grocery store.  I admired them but passed them by - to me they are an indulgence.
Viridian Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails