Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Flying Geese Pattern: a start on Starlight Geese

 Good day and welcome to my blog!

It's a beautiful day in the American Midwest.  I'd like to share with you what I've been working on for the last few days.  

I think I'm on a roll with flying geese units.  I created some blocks in the Cups and Saucers pattern, from the Patchwork Square website.  I blogged about them previously.  Well the finished blocks are in a pile in my sewing room, as I continue forward making more flying geese units for this pattern:


A little out of focus, but you can find the Patchwork Square pattern here.  I am switching the values of the pieces:  Geese units are in feedsack fabrics, background is Kona Snow.


Here is what I have so far:


Laid out on my design floor, so that is my carpet in between the blocks.  I am using these instructions for no-waste flying geese, making 4 at a time:

https://www.patchpieces.com/files/flyinggeese.pdf

This is fun, but as each block finishes at 10 inches square, it will take a while to get up to a reasonable quilt size.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, (She featured my last project this week - thank you!), Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread Thursday, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

6 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a really pretty block!! Love what you have done so far!!

Andrea said...

Gorgeous quilt blocks. I especially love that there is a 'hidden' friendship star in the centre of all the geese.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Thank you for sharing the link to the no wast flying geese. I've printed it out for future reference. Love the '30s feel you have created with your feedback fabric.

Nann said...

Wonderfully colorful geese! I like the "swirly" effect.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Super blocks with your 30's fabrics! I love that hidden star in there too.

Kristina said...

Love this block and the colors you are using. Very pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails