Thursday, April 28, 2022

Cups and Saucers is moving along

 Hello and welcome to my blog, where I keep track of quilt project progress and finished projects.

I have been immersed this week in a new project - the Cups and Saucers pattern, done up in vintage fabric and feedsacks, and Kona Snow fabric for the background.  I now have about 15 blocks done.  Here they are laid out on the floor of my sewing room:


I know I want to put sashing between the blocks.  I am still undecided on whether it will be 1 inch or 2 inches wide, finished.

The blocks finish at 12 inches square.  I am aiming for a 5 by 6 block setting so I am about halfway done.

A close up of two blocks:

I am using this pattern:

https://www.patchworksquare.com/mf/cups-and-saucers-quilt-block.pdf

And this link for the flying geese units: 

https://www.patchpieces.com/files/flyinggeese.pdf

Remember a scant 1/4 inch seam allowance, or the geese blocks will be a touch too small. 

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread Thursday, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a delightful quilt these blocks will make! Best of luck making the additional blocks you need to finish the project.

Chantal said...

Lovely blocks. I believe that in those days, they preferred wider sashing to one inch. Whatever you decide it will be a stunning quilt. Enjoy! ;^)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I am loving this block design. I might have to make this a future RSC block. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Related Posts with Thumbnails