Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Winter Solstice quilt is done

 Hot off the sewing machine, where I have been machining on the binding!

I described the start of this project in this post, and more about the progression of the project in this post.

I picked up the quilt this morning from my long-armer, who does such a wonderful job.  Well I couldn't wait to trim and bind - especially as we are leaving in two days to visit my dad and my mom, who is going to receive this quilt as an early birthday present.  ("Hello, it's one of the hottest days of the year - here is a quilt!")

An overall look:


The backing is a Stonehenge wide backing fabric.  And a closer look:


The pattern is Winter Solstice, designed and copyrighted by Patti Carey.  This version is about 56 by 69 inches, though the pattern also has instructions for a queen sized version.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread Thursday, Nina-Marie,  Finished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

1 comment:

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Gorgeous quilt! Your mom is going to love it, hot weather or not. It's so pretty and calming. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

Related Posts with Thumbnails