Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Winter Solstice top is done

Good day and welcome to my blog.  It's a warm day in the American Midwest, with a promise of thunderstorms later in the day. 

I detailed in a previous post how I had started a complex (for me) quilt pattern called Winter Solstice.  I am happy to report that the top is done:


Laid out on my design floor, as I don't have a design wall.  The top is about 56 by 69 inches, and I do not plan on adding a border. I followed the suggested fabric choices given by the pattern.  I think it turned out well.

It is off to the long arm quilter today, and I hope to get it back and bind it before June 16, when the family and I will be traveling east to visit my mom and dad.  Recall that this is a gift for my mom.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread Thursday, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

The top turned out lovely. Very calming to look at. Hope it is all finished in time for your visit.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

What a pretty finish!!! Your Mom will love it!!!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

What a lovely top! Your mom will really love this. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss. Welcome to our little group!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is beautiful!!!!

Susan said...

Congrats on getting the top done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails