Friday, February 4, 2022

Fun with Bricks is done

 Good day, and welcome to my blog.  I have a finish to report.

Late in December 2021 I started a project in blue and brown 1800's reproduction fabrics  The pattern is by Bonnie Hunter, Fun with Bricks, on her free  patterns page. The start of the project is described in this post.   I am happy to report this is done, and finishes at 53 by 65 inches.


And a close up of the fabrics used.


I have quilted in the ditch, so you can't see the quilting here - which is just as well.  The batting is left over wool batting, rather puffy, especially where the pieces are overlapped.  A little challenging.

This quilt is going to a charity project at my church - the youth group is giving stuffed animals, blankets (and quilts) to children in the hospital.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread Thursday,  Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

4 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I really like how this turned out!!
What a great way to combine those fabrics!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I really love how you've chosen the colors for this quilt! I like it better than Bonnie Hunter's original. And how nice, to quilt it with a warm wool batt for a child in the hospital.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a great use of your bricks! I sure like the colors!

For the love of geese said...

This is so pretty. Many frown on browns and gold but they always draw my attention. thank you so much for linking up to Put your foot down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails