Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Another new start: Zigzag quilt

Hello and welcome to my blog!

I have a heap of navy and indigo blue fabrics left over from a long term Dear Jane project.  And I borrowed a new book from our local library.  Of course this led to a new project.
The book is Red and white quilts:


No affiliation, just a reader.

I was attracted to one of the patterns, called Walk this Way.  I am calling mine Zigzag.  You sew the blocks of white and colored strips a certain way, then lay them out on the diagonal:


On the "design floor."  The last row is in place but not sewed on yet.  Yes that is blue fabric not black.  I think it will be very graphic when done.  I am halfway there.  However I am running out of the white fabric, which is not unbleached muslin but has a pale yellowish cast.  Must go out tomorrow and buy more.
Edited to add: a closeup of the blue and white fabrics:


Linking up with Let's Bee Social, Midweek Makers, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-Marie,  Finished or Not at Busy Hands quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

3 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Beautiful fabrics, and a great design! This will be a terrific quilt.

chrisknits said...

It will be a very striking quilt!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Beautiful way to use up those blue leftovers. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Related Posts with Thumbnails