Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year, and Tuesday quilt top

Happy New Year!  Wishing the best for you in 2019.
I was busy over the Christmas break.  I finished quilting and trimming the log cabin quilt described in my previous post.
I traveled to visit family and visited a quilt store (of course) and purchased a set of 2.5 inch strips (a jelly roll)  in Christmas Hoffman fabrics, and matching yardage for a border.
I sewed up a jelly roll race quilt top with these fabrics.  It's the third one I have done.  One must let go of matchy-matchy tendencies and go with the flow, believe in the process.
A 2017 Christmas jelly roll top is shown in a previous entry in my blog.
Now for the 2018 version!


Hoffman winter/Christmas fabrics with silver highlights on them, green holly border.  I am sorry I don't have a close up picture.  This top is now on the "to be quilted" pile.

Linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River and Let's Bee Social, Silly Mama quilts, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-Marie,  Finished or Not at Busy Hands quilts.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

3 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

A beautiful Christmas quilt. I know what you mean it is hard to let go of matchy matchy isn't it!!

Brooke said...

great quilt!

thanks so much for linking up!

brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

DianeLoves2Quilt said...

Those jelly roll quilts look like a lot of fun. I have several rolls that I need to bite the bullet and just let myself be free flowing. I checked out your other links and they all cry out merry merry even if the log cabin one was not necessarily intended to do so. Congrats and good luck getting those quilts crammed through your trusty Kenmore.

Related Posts with Thumbnails