Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Tuesday quilt in progress Dec. 18

Hello and welcome!
In this busy holiday season, I am finding time to work on my current project, a log cabin quilt.
I finished the blocks in 2017 and didn't want to trim them up at that time.
Well, early this month I pulled them out and trimmed them square (though not all to the same size).  I was as careful as I could be in sewing them, but I found I did have some variation in size!
Well, after trimming, I might as well set them on the floor and audition a zig zag design.
And since they are laid out, I might as well sew them together, right?
And find that border fabric I set aside for this project.
And then cut and add the border.
And layer it up, and pin baste.
And start quilting it on my own machine.


I am still in the midst of quilting this sandwich, but I am over half done!  Some problems with tension but I am doing OK.  It's about 80 by 75 inches, so a bit of a struggle to shove through the harp of my trusty old Kenmore.
All reproduction fabric in this one, some of my favorites:


(Pictures taken when it was just a top.)

Linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River and Let's Bee Social, Silly Mama quilts, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Finished or Not at Busy Hands quilts.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

5 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Pretty! so many little pieces. I feel for you for getting it under the harp! Good luck. :-)

Brooke said...

wow!!
impressive!

thanks for linking up!

brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

Jenny said...

Looking great! What's not to love about a Log Cabin Quilt?

Terri said...

Beautiful quilt. Thanks for sharing it.
Hugs

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Its very pretty! Love the fabrics - Thanks for linking up to TGIF Friday too!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails