Friday, March 16, 2018

Friday Finish March 16

Hello and welcome to my regularly scheduled Friday blog post!
Today I am sharing some blocks that I did on vacation in Florida.  Yes, beach during the day, of course!  But quiet time at night was taken up with hand applique of the following blocks.


Continuing on with my thoughts in Tuesday's post:  These were like a meditation too.  I had packed up my supplies, and prepared my blocks for freezer paper on the bottom applique before I went to Florida.  Each evening, I would sit under the best light in the hotel room, my simple tools at hand - needle, thread, a few pins, scissors.  Working with white or navy blue thread, do the smallest applique stitch I can manage.  Take out basting stitches, remove freezer paper, and you are done.

Please see dearjane.com for more explanation of the 1863 quilt I am slowly reproducing in blue and white.

Linking up with Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Finished or Not at Busy Hands quilts, and Finish it up Friday at Crazy mom quilts.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian
   Pin It

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails