Friday, January 19, 2018

Friday (almost) finished

Hello and welcome to a semi-regular feature, my current work or a current finish.
Today, not quite done:  a lap quilt is the double Irish chain pattern, quilted, but not bound.  This photo (not the greatest) is of the top before quilting.


Quilting is done in simple straight lines. About what I can manage on my old Kenmore machine!

On the Stashbusters quilt list on Yahoo we are discussing Irish chain quilts, and set a challenge.  This will eventually be my first finish of the year.  Muslin background is from all the strips left from backing previous quilts, and the colorful fabrics are from circa 1990's Jinny Beyer fabrics, and scraps from deep stash, of the same vintage.  Borders (yellow then green) are new fabric.  Binding will be the same green as the outer border.

Linking up with Can I get a Whoop Whoop , Finished or Not at Busy Hands quilts, and Finish it up Friday at Crazy mom quilts.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian
  Pin It

5 comments:

Mari said...

Lovely! Always good to use up some old bits from the stash.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I love this classic look! You have inspired me. I was having trouble deciding on a background for a scrap quilt, and even thinking about BUYING something, but now I'm going to use some solid muslin I already have on hand. Thanks!
Cheers,
Sylvia@Treadlestitches

KatieQ said...

I love scrap quilts and yours is lovely. Great way to dig into the scrap pile.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I absolutely adore scrappy Irish Chain quilts!! Best of luck on finishing this one.

Sathya said...

I love all the posts, I really enjoyed, I would like more information about this, because it is very nice., Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails