Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Blue and white log cabin quilt is done and bound

 Good day, and welcome to my blog.  Gosh I have been busy in my day job.  However, I did get my blue and white log cabin quilt back from the long arm quilter I love to use.  It sat for a few weeks but I did trim it this past weekend and bound it.

Start of project (Nov. 2023) described in this post.

Finishing the top (Jan. 2024) described in this post.

It is 100 by 100 inches - super big for me!  I bound the quilt in a blue reproduction calico and made just enough binding:


I use This Method to bind my quilts.  With her pictures, you can't go wrong.  You can see the swirling feathers pattern my long arm quilter did.  Wool batting, so it shows up well.

A picture of half the quilt:


And a close up:

This quilt is destined for our queen bed, here shown without pillows:


Yes, it's time to get some new curtains and a new bed skirt.  They are on order.  It feels great to get this quilt done!

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle and Thread Thursday, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

6 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

It is a beauty, that is pretty fast making for a large quilt!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I love log cabin quilts and yours is awesome!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

What a gorgeous quilt! The quilting is perfect! Love it so much. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/05/01/wednesday-wait-loss-378

Suzanne said...

Your log cabin quilt is beautiful!!

For the love of geese said...

So pretty. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh its just gorgeous!!! Are you doing the Happy Dance and just walking by the room to stare at it!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails