Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Blue and white log cabin project start

 Good day, and welcome to my blog!

I have made several log cabin quilts recently, and I have started another one - in blue and white, with a yellow center.  I am using my large stash of reproduction fabric - late 1800's and early 1900's style.


The 'logs' are 1 inch wide, finished.  The block is 10 inches square, finished.  Here is how four blocks together look:


My previous log cabin quilts have been set in a straight furrow setting but I am liking this arrangement!

Since I have my blue and white fabrics out I also starting cutting for Bonnie Hunter's Silk Path pattern.  No measurements here - check out her pattern for sale.  All strips, no triangles!

I have also started a green and white log cabin project - a baby quilt.  This one has a deadline - late January the baby is due!  More on this in a later blog posting.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle and Thread Thursday, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-Marie,  Finished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

6 comments:

Claire said...

I especially like the yellow center with the blue. Log cabin is such a fin block to work with, and I agree the arrangement you have is working well.

Jeanne said...

Log cabin blocks have always been my favorite! Your blue and yellow ones are excellent!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Love that bright yellow center! This is going to be a very pretty log cabin quilt. As you are showing us, log cabin quilts can be so versatile! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/11/29/wednesday-wait-loss-356

Anne-Marie said...

The block is very pretty.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wow, great start! I always love seeing your lovely reproduction quilts. Log cabin is one of the best patterns ever!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That yellow center gives such light to the finished block. What a great setting for four blocks. Log cabins are such a versatile block! I too like Bonnie's Silk Path pattern. . .I look forward to seeing your rendition!

Related Posts with Thumbnails