Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Blue and White Log Cabin top is DONE

Good day, and welcome to my blog.

This behemoth project is now assembled and ready to go to the long arm quilter!

In recent days I have finished adding logs to the 100 10 inch blocks (finished size), trimmed them all (yes all 100) as my seam allowance varied and some were a little too big.  I then set groups of 4 blocks together as described in an initial post on this project.

Even trimming doesn't always help.

Those blue logs are supposed to line up, and the edge of the blocks should line up too!  Precision and accuracy are so important when the logs finish at 1 inch wide.

Anyway, 9 groupings:

And 12 units together: 


Final size is 5 by 5 blue units, for 10 by 10 block setting or 100 by 100 inches.  Yes it's a behemoth, and my sewing area floor cannot show it all:


This top contains many different fabrics, but I have used just dark blue/navy fabrics, and white/cream/beige fabrics, and constant yellow centers.  I am so happy to have this done, and ready to take to the long arm quilter, probably next week.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle and Thread Thursday, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

13 comments:

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Lovely quilt! At 1" wide, those blocks must have taken a lot of time to do. The result is stunning. Your longarmer is going to love quilting this pretty quilt! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/17/wednesday-wait-loss-363

Nann said...

It's stunning! And, yes, with so many pieces it's easy to get out of whack. But it looks as though you coaxed all the errant edges into place. Now: how will it be quilted?

Jeanne said...

Wonderful log cabins!

viridian said...

Nann:
I'll send it to a long arm quilter, who will use a pantograph of swirling feathers. I have used this quilting design before and know it will work well.

cityquilter grace said...

Ah but a beautiful behemoth it is!

Ramona said...

I love the blues and creams in your log cabin quilt. She's a beauty!

Margaret said...

That's a darned big quilt indeed! I'd capitalize the name thus: "The Behemoth Project". If you insist on making another, I'd suggest "The Behomth Project I", "The Behemoth Project II" and so forth. But it's a striking quilt -- the colours are wonderful and the setting is spot on -- and it'll undoubtedly be well loved.

Vivian said...

Lovely! Love a good Log Cabin Quilt. When it's all quilted everyone will take in the over all beauty of it, only the maker spots the problem details.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The variety of blues and white/beige fabrics give the quilt charm and sparkle. I love the warmth the yellow block gives the quilt.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a lovely finish! I like the range of blues you used and the setting too!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Log cabin blocks in blue, cream, and yellow--what could be better? Congrats on a lovely top.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh wow - it is a behemoth!! but wow - it is SO pretty!!! I'm excited to see what she does on it!

For the love of geese said...

Oh so pretty! Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails