Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Sometimes, a New Start is warranted

 Good Day, and welcome to my blog!  I am still here, though busy with my day job, and sewing some blocks.

In a previous blog entry, I told you all about my start of Bonnie Hunter's Silk Path blocks.  See her pattern HERE.  I have been continuing along, sewing in between work days and travel.


I might have 20 blocks done.  Still quite a few more to do.

This weekend (and I had Monday off) I was itching for something new, something fun, something fast.  And I have a jelly roll of 1930's reproduction fabrics, purchased on my travels.  Did I say fast and easy?


Nine patches, but with the light fabrics on the outside corners and center.  I plan on purchasing a blue reproduction fabric for sashing and borders.  Then these nine patches will really 'pop'.  Ah, another unfinished project, but I am finding these fun to do.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle and Thread Thursday, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

4 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Very pretty quilt blocks! I like your version in blues!!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That is going to be one beautiful Silk Path! Thanks for sharing your start and progress!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The Silk Path quilt is a winner. Bonnie does create such delightful patterns. Your fabric choices are perfection.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those Silk path blocks loo so detailed. Love the color you are using.
and yay for the fun 9 patches!! it will look great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails