Thursday, April 23, 2020

Film at Five continues

In this time of COVID-19 I am continuing my (nearly) mindless piecing of borders for my interpretation of Film at Five, a pattern by Wedding Dress Blue. Starting the project post is here.   I have the blocks of 25 pieces done, and I am piecing the borders.  The borders, which remind one of film sprocket holes, are part of the original pattern.


I did have a large piece of off-white fabric cut off from a backing, to use here.  Wow these borders take a lot of fabric!  I have used up the large piece and I have dug into my mound of cut off backing and batting to find another large-ish piece.  And I did find such a piece.  Good for me for saving wide backing, because all the quilt and fabric shops are closed.

This quilt will be 6 blocks by 6 blocks and turned out a bit bigger than I originally anticipated.  Here is a close up of a few blocks sewn together:


I can see some of my collection of feedsack fabrics and other vintage fabrics.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

7 comments:

Susan said...

Great looking Film at Five!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wow! You've made really good progress. Your quilt is coming along beautifully!

Karen's Korner said...

What a great scrap busting project.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You are making great progress!

Norma Schlager said...

What a wonderful use of scraps and that film sprocket sashing is fabulous! An Academy Award winner!

For the love of geese said...

I love watching this evolve into a full quilt. It always amazes me how much fabric is involved in the making. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Jenny said...

Such a pretty quilt, the borders make it especially so.

Related Posts with Thumbnails