Thursday, April 16, 2020

A finish -- Weedwhacker

I have a finish!

A top I pieced in 2018, quilted by a local long arm quilter in big loops in 2019, and bound by me in this time of COVID-19.  And yes I labeled it with the date and with the COVID-19 information.


About 60 inches by 77 inches.  The pattern is Weedwhacker from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog, one of her generous free patterns.  This is one of the quilts that came out of 2 shoeboxes full of 2 inch strips.  I cut them for a different project, then lost my inspiration.  4 throw or single bed quilts and a doll quilt later, the boxes are almost empty - scary.  The fabrics are all 30's reproduction prints.

My other COVID project, Film at Five, is paused, but I will get back to it soon!  Maybe even today.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

6 comments:

For the love of geese said...

I love the fabrics in this one too and that background fabric is perfect. It looks so vintage. Great job, I love it. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Susan said...

Great looking quilt finish! It always amazes me at how many quilts come out of small scrap boxes

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I LOVE that one!! it turned out great and colorful!!

Angela said...

Looks great!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on finishing up a super scrappy UFO!!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Lovely scrappy finish. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Related Posts with Thumbnails