Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Film at Five - beginning

Catching time as I can this week between teaching on line and supervising children to do more sewing done on this project, the Film at Five pattern by Wedding Dress Blue.

I had finished 36 25 - patch blocks, when I stopped and counted.  A good place to stop, a fairly big quilt.  Yesterday and today I worked on the sashing and corner units.  I have more to go, but I laid out what I have to get an idea of what the final top will look like.


Just 6 blocks but it's a beginning.  More white fabric to cut!  I am using a big leftover piece from a wide backing fabric.

We are well here and lucky to be in a good place in this time of COVID-19.  We have food, a good home, and secure jobs.  I still worry about my kids and family, and about others affected by this virus.  Many many people sick and dying, their loved ones, and those who have lost jobs.  April 2020 is going to be a tough month.  I will definitely label this quilt as a COVID-19 quilt when I am done.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

11 comments:

Susan said...

Oh I like where this is going!!

Yvonne said...

Your film at 5 is looking great! I made it a few years ago and it's actually on our bed right now. Such a great pattern.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I especially love how this sashing is working out. Going to be a wonderful quilt.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Beautiful quilt! A good project to be working on this month.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What a perfect scrap project to work on. The sashing makes a huge difference, it pulls those blocks together.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like where you are going with this! and what a lot of pretty fabrics!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's one of my favorite projects from Wedding Dress Blue. Your quilt it going to be SEW lovely!!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Terrific blocks! I made a quilt in this pattern a few years ago in bright fabrics. I like yours better! Let's all just keep on keeping on.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your quilt is looking great. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Julierose said...

what a lovely quilt--I've made 3 postage stamp ones--but I really like this version a lot...nice work on this
~ ~ ~ waving while staying at home Julierose

For the love of geese said...

Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down last and I apologize for the late visit. Your quilt is coming together, I love the floating blocks in the border.

Related Posts with Thumbnails