Thursday, January 23, 2020

Snow Day now a top

My project I described in my last post is now a top!  I have more information on my source for the pattern.
It's from a book called Big Book of Civil War Quilts  published by Martingale.  It is a pattern called Snow Day by Gayle Bong.   She set her blocks on point; I am setting them straight with a gray mourning print fabric.  I added a narrow red border to brighten up the top and a wider border of black fabric with a small neat pattern.


Here is a close up of a corner, showing the border fabric:


I think I will take this to a local long arm quilter for quilting.  I still have quite a bit of the border fabric for straight grain binding.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

5 comments:

Nicolette said...

I love the vibrant colours and also your colour layout, going to be a lovely quilt !

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Excellent contrast and secondary pattern.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

this is beautiful! altho - when I read snow day - I assumed you were snowed in - ha ha - glad to know that it is actually a quilt top! lovely job!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a gorgeous completed quilt that is going to be!!

Denise @fortheloveofgeese said...

Oh yes, fabulous finish. Your photo last week of the blocks spaced was clever because the brown sashing looks perfect. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails