Thursday, January 30, 2020

Another reproduction quilt top

... and it's almost done.
I've been on a run with reproduction fabrics that are from 1875 - 1910: reds, blues, light blues with small white figures, plus black and grays.  See my last post for an example.  Here is another top, blocks made in 2019:


The pattern is from a book called "Worth Doing Twice," which used old found tops, remade them, and prepared quilt instructions.  The directions were a bit sketchy.  Mine looks a lot like the picture in the book.  It still lacks a 3 inch wide outer border of red.  I ran out of the sashing fabric and substituted in some of the border fabric, which is very similar.  I think that will add to the vintage, "make-do" look!

A close up of some of the fabrics used:


If you look closely you will note the two different red fabrics used.  Love the pink and black together.

However, I have a short attention span, as I have already flitted to a new project, using very different fabrics!  More about that next week.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

4 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like this one!!! The reds make those other fabrics just sing!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

This is so pretty. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

For the love of geese said...

The different red's just add more interest to the finish. So frustrating to run out of fabric. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down. I love what you have shared.

Dinesh Gamage said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails