Thursday, January 16, 2020

A new start for 2020

Isn't it typical?  A quilter has plenty of UFO's (un-finished objects) but the lure of a new start keeps calling.  After shopping at a distant quilt store for reproduction fabrics,  I looked for a pattern to use them up.  And found one is book collecting a variety of Civil War inspired quilt patterns.

I am using repro fabrics that appear to be from 1890 - 1900 however.  Shirtings, blues, reds, cranberry.  The pattern and directions are by Gayle Bong.

Here are the blocks, finishing at 9.5 inches, laid out on the carpet, carpet between each block, to stand in for sashing:


And close ups of conversational prints, one featuring cats, the other flies (!!):



I plan on making this a lap robe.  I have one in Christmas fabrics; I would like one for the rest of the year.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

5 comments:

KatieQ said...

I like the blocks and the fabric choice. It looks like it's going to be a lovely quilt.

grammajudyb said...

That is a great block! I may have to try to find the pattern! I like it a lot!

For the love of geese said...

It's going to be fabulous when complete. I never thought about spacing the blocks on the floor to see what it would like with sashing, great idea. Thank you for linking up with Put your foot down. I hope you'll come back.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like your new project! and the carpet makes great sashing! What fun fabrics you have!

Susan said...

Hmm, that carpet color may just work for the sashing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails