Friday, January 3, 2020

First top for 2020

I love vacations, I can get so much done in my sewing area.
I sewed jelly rolls strips and cross cut them on Dec. 31 (package of tropical colored strips purchased recently).  Then finished the sewing of corners and blocks together  for a top in the New Year.
The pattern I am using is Corner Kick, available here:  https://graybarndesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Corner-Kick-06-06-19.pdf.


The top currently is 50 by 60 inches without borders.  It may stay this size!  This took one package of 40 jelly roll strips and a fabric for the corner triangles, which come together to form a square.  I need some more yellow batik fabric for the binding.

May you and I do some great quilting in the new year of 2020!

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

6 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Looks very summery and colorful!! I like it! What a fun way to spend the day!

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a lovely bright quilt top!! Best of luck with the finish of this and other quilts in 2020.

Susan said...

Great pattern for a jelly roll!

grammajudyb said...

A burst of summer color in our dreary January! It made me smile! Thanks!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

First, thank you for giving credit and providing the link to the pattern. I love how it elevates a rail fence to something with a bit more pizzaz. The choice of yellow for the corner blocks brings warmth to the quilt and a smile to my face.

For the love of geese said...

Great quilt. I love the yellow corner stones. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails