Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Crayon Box quilt finished

It's Wednesday, so it must be time to blog!
Hello and welcome.
I have a finish to report.  It's of a top I made in 2018, as part of a challenge to use up a slew of 2 inch strips of 30's reproduction fabrics.  It is the crayon box pattern by Bonnie Hunter, found on her blog under free patterns.  Her directions are for 2.5 inch strips, so I resized it for 2 inch strips.
I sent it off to a local long arm quilter to have it quilted - it's a pretty hefty size and I did not look forward to shoving it under my old but trusty Kenmore.
Quilted and laid out on the design floor:


And a close up of the border, using very vintage yardage, an early Aunt Grace fabric:


Bound with the same border fabric.  No home for this one, yet.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-Marie,  Finished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

In fact this quilt top is featured in my header on my Facebook page!

Viridian

4 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I really like this one - the fabric choices are great - and your border sets them off so well!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on your super scrappy UFO finish!!!

For the love of geese said...

It turned out beautifully. I'm with you, I can't imagine trying to quilt a large one on a domestic. Thank you so much for linking up this finish to Put your foot down, I love it.

Muv said...

Hello Viridian,
This is a quilt I can instantly fall in love with. Those vintage design fabrics are so pretty. What a gorgeous quilt to have finished just in time for Christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails