Friday, December 6, 2019

Red and white log cabin start

I saw a picture of a red and white log cabin quilt on Facebook, and was so inspired.  I started my own.  Logs finish at 1 inch.  Each block finishes at 10 inches square.  Here are my first blocks, laid out on the floor.


This is the arrangement in my inspiration quilt.  I have plenty of white shirting fabric, but I 'had' to buy more red fabric!  This will keep me busy during the holiday season.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

8 comments:

Sue SA said...

Love these blocks, especially the yellow centres.

grammajudyb said...

Gorgeous!

The Joyful Quilter said...

PLENTY of piecing in a Log Cabin quilt. Enjoy!!

Norma Schlager said...

What is it about log cabins that always makes them so appealing, no mater how they are put together? Your reds and whites are stunning and I like your arrangement.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I love log cabin quilts. Thanks for sharing yours with Oh Scrap!

Alison V. said...

These are some really lovely blocks and I love these colors together! :D

For the love of geese said...

Looks great, are you keeping the layout or changing it up? Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I love log cabins - and yours is prefect! what a great color combo!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails