Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Tuesday quilt block May 1

Good day and welcome!  I am continuing with my practice of posting something quilty every Tuesday, and most Fridays too.  After today there may be a hiatus however.  A pipe burst in our finished basement and there is water in one portion!  Luckily not in my quilting corner but while the room dries out and the contractors fix it, I don't think I'll be doing much cutting, sewing, or quilting.

Before the deluge, here is one block I got done for my current indigo and white project:


  See http://dearjane.com/  for the 1863 quilt I am slowly reproducing.

This block is called the Arrowhead and is technically not a Dear Jane block, used by Jane in her 1863 quilt.  However it plays well with the other blocks, looking similar to blocks she did use.  Paper pieced for that sharp, corners-meeting look.

Linking up with Connie at Freemotion by the River and Let's Bee Social, Silly Mama quilts.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian
Pin It

2 comments:

Brooke said...

oh my...

thanks so much for linking up!

brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

grammajudyb said...

I feel your pain about water in the lower level. Yuck!!!! Hope all is dried out and better soon. I love this block!

Related Posts with Thumbnails