Friday, April 13, 2018

Friday quilt block, April 13

It's warm today, and Spring may finally be here in the American Midwest.
It's Friday, and time to share a quilt block.  I have a cold that I've had a hard time shaking.  But I have managed to get into my sewing room and do some of these cute Dear Jane blocks.


A classic LeMoyne star.  Note I added seam lines to avoid set in seams, also known as Y-seams.  Paper pieced.

Please see dearjane.com for more explanation of the 1863 quilt I am slowly reproducing in blue and white.

Linking up with Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Finished or Not at Busy Hands quilts, Finish it up Friday at Crazy mom quilts, and Oh Scrap! on Sundays.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian Pin It

1 comment:

Mari said...

This is one of my favorite stars. Yours looks great. And yay for avoiding those inset seams!

Related Posts with Thumbnails