Saturday, October 9, 2010

Update on crafty stuff


I machined quilted the border of my Perkiomen quilt top.  It looks like bad free-motion stitching, but I think it will grow on me.

I stopped by a big chain craft store to pick up a poster frame, and browsed  in the needlework aisle. I couldn't resist the potholder kit - do you remember these? Making a potholder with stretchy loops on a small weaving frame? And once I had it, I just had to make one:


And here it, finished:



Gosh this took me back.  Actually rather relaxing.  I am hoping to use the frame with more expensive special fibers, and experiment.
Who knows, I may go back and get a knitting noddy.  They are only $4.99....


viridian

4 comments:

Unknown said...

G'morn ~ Ahhh, memories! As children we used to make potholders & sell them door to door during the Christmas season ... we had our children do the same.

Love LOVE your quilt. The colors are so vibrant ..

Have a beautiful PS ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

A Garden of Threads said...

Yes, I remember making potholders as a child. Your quilt looks great, I like the quilting around the border. Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

Linda M. said...

I sure remember making those potholders and our children and now our grandchildren all make them too. Thanks for visiting my blog for PS, Have a wonderful week. Love all your quilting projects.

Suzanne said...

I remember making these!!! Thanks for taking me back too. I love your blog. My sister is a quilter so I need to tell her to stop by. She will LOVE everything!

Related Posts with Thumbnails