Friday, August 7, 2009

J-5 John Jacob's Windmill



I think the triangles are supposed to be pieced in or appliqued. However, I'll redraw just about any block to paper piece it. The top photo shows how I dealt with the center and straightened out a few lines. You do end up with different seam lines, which may not be what you want.

Middle picture: Sub units put together. Note I did not cut my background fabric large enough, and had to add slivers. Sigh. Always cut large and whack it off later.
Bottom: the finished piece. Not quite like Jane's but close. Now I can do Which Points West, which is very similar. One of my future posts will be on the 'sister' blocks - those that go together is looks or construction technique.
viridian61
125 blocks!

1 comment:

Rosa Robichaud said...

LOVED the way that you did this one!!!

*slaps her forehead*

Now, why didn't "I" think of doing that?!??!?

LOL

Rosa

Related Posts with Thumbnails