Monday, August 10, 2009

Hunter's Moon


This is block A-3 of the Jane Stickle quilt, book by Brenda Papadakis.

I started this project in the fall of 2007. Looking back, I don't remember quite what pushed me to start such a major undertaking. I do recall that I realized I was the same age as Jane Stickle was as she completed her quilt. But there had to be something more.... hmm maybe it will come to me.

I prepped the brown block well over a year ago. I cut the brown fabric a bit larger than 5 inches square, and prepared the melons for brute force applique. Then, I set it aside. The thought of those melon points - 8 of them! was so intimidating. I am happy to say my skills have improved. So has my prepping for applique. My points still aren't so pointy but they are flatter. And my curves are smoother.
viridian
1800's Christmas Jane 127, 38, 1, 3840
Pretty in Pink Jane 94, 32, 0, 2932
Miniature Madness! 55, 0, 0, 776

1 comment:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

LOL~ brute force applique works! :) Love the term. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails