Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Silk Path quilt now a finish

Good Day and welcome to my blog.  In summer I have more time to sew and quilt and so I have progress and finishes to report.  This week, it's time to feature my Silk Path quilt, following the pattern by Bonnie Hunter.  You can find the pattern HERE.


I used blue and white reproduction fabrics, and I made the quilt about 2/3rds the size of the pattern given.  My 'design floor' is only about 60 inches wide so my quilts tend to be that wide also.  Funny how that works.  This quilt is approximately 60 by 85 inches in size.  After piecing, I sent the quilt to the long arm lady I use, and she did a great job.  I bound the quilt in dark blue fabric saved for this purpose, and it is done!

A closer view:


And a surprise on the back:  Northern lights wide backing, from Backside fabrics:


And the usual (for some quilty blogs) picture of the quilt folded up, on my sewing table.


Linking up with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle and Thread Thursday, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Nina-Marie, Finished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

9 comments:

Melva said...

Your quilt is beautiful 😍 Thank you for joining my Sew and Tell party.

cityquilter grace said...

very nice finish!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Such a pretty quilt! Love those fabrics. Wonderful finish! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/06/26/wednesday-wait-loss-386

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your quilt is beautiful! Enjoy using or displaying your quilt, happy stitching!

Kat Scribner said...

It's gorgeous !

Gwyned Trefethen said...

You did Bonnie's pattern proud. I like how you opted for navy blue and neutral for versus the beige Bonnie used.

PaintedThread said...

What a beautiful quilt. Nice finish!

Vivian said...

Ooh, Silk Path in Indigoes and white! Have the pattern and admit I never thought of changing up the color. Love it!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Wow, that's a lot of tiny squares!!! At first glance I thought it was a 2 fabric quilt. Little did I know! Once you said BH, I had to look closer!?! Great job!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails