Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Current progress on reproduction project

 Here is current progress on my most recent quilt top in reproduction fabrics.  It is a pattern from the book Preserving History by Julie Hendrickson. You sew diagonal rows onto the quilt body, and I have been working from the upper left, and the lower right.


Earlier progress report was in this post.

The quilt top is nearly square at this point, but I want to make it longer than it is wide, so a few more rows to go.  And there will be simple borders on the perimeter.

I just love reproduction fabrics, and I used a wide variety of prints and shirting fabrics in this quilt top.  Here is a close up to show the variety:


I'll be working on this later today, and later this week.  Then it's off to the Long arm quilter I use, for her to do her magic.

Edited Friday to add:  The top is done!  I have decided against adding borders to it.  about 56 by 74 inches right now.


Linking up with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle and Thread Thursday, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Nina-Marie, Finished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

4 comments:

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

What a great way to show off your reproduction prints! Lovely so far--can't wait to see the finish. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/06/04/wednesday-wait-loss-383

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations on finishing this top. It doesn't need borders. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Will you have some input regarding the quilting or will you ask your long armer to choose? It is an eye catching pattern!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

WOW!!! That is full of lots of great color - and it looks great set that way!

time4stitchn said...

I like to utilize the reproduction vibe as well. You used so many half square triangles< WOW! I try not to get too dingy on my colors, but love the small prints and block designs. For blocks such as log cabins, I have even branched out to use pinks, not usually my vibe. And just like you, I have many kinds of blocks going for different projects.

Related Posts with Thumbnails