Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Silk Path now a top and Moving along a UFO

 Good day, and welcome to my blog.  Work at my day job has slowed down, and I am finally able to report on a finished top.

I have been sewing away on Bonnie Hunter's Silk Path Pattern - see the pattern HERE.  I am using dark blue and neutral fabrics - she used browns and neutral fabrics.

Here is a process shot:


Yes, Navy blue not black fabric.  I last blogged on this project HERE.

I am happy to report the top is now done, and going to the long arm quilter I use, soon, like next week.  The top is about 2/3 the size of the published pattern, about 58 by 87 inches.

Since it's done, I am picking up on another project I put on the back burner for a while, pattern from Preserving History by Julie Hendrickson:


Working on diagonal rows, upper left corner and lower right corner.  The white Squares finish at 2.5 inches.  All in Civil War and later reproduction fabric, and shirting reproduction fabric.  It's going to be a bit bigger than this.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle and Thread Thursday, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

nice silk path...my design wall is too small to be able to do that one...

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Congrats on moving your projects forward! They look wonderful.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your quilt is very pretty! Happy stitching!

Vicki in MN said...

Silk Path looks like a labor of love!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Suck lovely projects! Silk Path is gorgeous. Preserving History is so perfect for your fabrics. Love it. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/05/29/wednesday-wait-loss-382

Related Posts with Thumbnails