Wednesday, February 28, 2024

A finish: Snow Day Pattern

 Good day, and welcome.

I have a finish to show off:  a pattern called Snow Day.  I blogged about the finished top HERE in early 2020.  So this is a UFO finish (Un-Finished Object).

The pattern is from The Big Book of Civil War Quilts:


The pattern is by Gayle Bong, and she set her blocks on point.


I used a straight set.  I also used reproduction fabrics more towards the late 1900's, not Civil War repros (yes there is a difference).  More blues, reds, claret, blacks, double pinks.

Here is mine.  Pardon the keystoning.


And a close up of the border:


I set the leftover border fabric aside in 2020, and so I had to search and dig to find it for the binding!  I like to bind my quilts in the same fabric as the outer border.  Quilted by a local long-armer, thin cotton batting.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle and Thread Thursday, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

3 comments:

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Such a lovely finish! I really love it when someone finds and finishes an older UFO. It inspires me to do the same! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/02/28/wednesday-wait-loss-369

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a beautiful quilt! I love the colors and fabrics you chose!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations on moving a UFO to the finish line and what a beautiful finish it is!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails