Wednesday, January 31, 2024

I have started: Silk Path

 Hello and welcome to my blog!

My last blog post was about my behemoth blue and white log cabin quilt top - finally done, and soon to go to the quilter.

Since I had my blue and white fabrics out, I started cutting out pieces for Bonnie Hunter's Silk Path pattern.  She did hers in brown and white, I am doing mine in blue and white.  I have sewed strips, but I have put one block together, to see how it looks:


There is good contrast between the light and dark fabrics.  I like the interlocking squares, and when (many) more blocks are made, it looks really complex.  I am very busy in my day job but I hope to get back to this soon.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle and Thread Thursday, Put your Foot Down at the Quiltery, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt and stamp posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

8 comments:

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Great looking test block! Love the contrast and the colors. As you say, this is going to look very complex when finished and oh so beautiful! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/31/wednesday-wait-loss-365

Nann said...

You're going to have to replenish your blues stash after this one. (I've seen the finished version. Are you going to make it the size that Bonnie H did?)

viridian said...

Nann I may have to buy more fabric now. :-)
Maybe not as big - minus one row on top and side.

Chrisknits said...

Wow, that quilt will be stunning!!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

This will be a beautiful blue quilt!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Great block, love those interlocking squares! Blue and white is a great choice, it will be wonderful.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I will drool with every update post. Silk Road is a pattern that I'd like to make. . .some day!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a cool block!! Love the colors - its going to be such a great quilt!

Related Posts with Thumbnails