Wednesday, October 19, 2022

A finish - Happy Surprises quilt

 Good Day and welcome to my blog.  My day job has taken over my life and I've had precious little time to get into my quilting room.  I finally was able to this past weekend, and I finished a UFO!  One I started in 2020.

The start of this quilt project is described in this quilt post.  Pattern is from a 2020 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting.

Now it's a top - in this quilt post.

This past weekend: time to get it done!  I had sent this top out to my local long arm lady (with backing), and I picked out a quilting design of hearts inside hearts.  It turned out very pretty!  She always does a great job.  (Boone's Quilting on Facebook).  I bound it with binding matching the background fabric.


Fabrics used were a variety of 1930's reproduction fabrics, and an unbleached muslin.

A close up:


In which you may or may not see the quilting pattern.  Trust me, it's pretty.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Wednesday Wait Loss, Needle and Thread Thursday, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

10 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Congrats on the finish! It looks great!

Nann said...

It looks great! I went back to your earlier post on the project. Thanks for including the pattern source AND the photo of one block -- that's not at all how I thought it went together. Definitely a happy surprise!

viridian said...

Thank you Nann!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

This is wonderful. I love your fabric choices. I must read more on your blog about it. Enjoy your stitching now this weekend.

Cathy said...

What an interesting block and such a lovely quilt finish! I do love anything in '30s repros!

Vicki in MN said...

Yay for getting a UFO done! I have lots of 30s type fabrics and someday I will get back to them:)

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

You may have only a little time to quilt but hey you finished a UFO! Congratulations. It's lovely and yes I can see the quilting. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is so pretty! I clicked back on your previous posts to see how the blocks were made - they are so interesting. Beautiful finish!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I don't think I have seen this layout before. It works so well with those 30s fabrics. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Yay for getting back to the sewing room!!! its a beautiful quilt and amazing finish!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails