Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Dutchman's Puzzle: Progress report

 Good day and welcome to my blog.

I've been busy catching up, back from vacation.  But I was able to get a little sewing in.  I had Dutchman's Puzzle blocks, some that were the correct size, and some that were too small.  For the small ones, I cut sashing 1/4 inch larger, and measured and trimmed.  Wouldn't you know, some are still too small, so I will have a smaller quilt and hopefully enough fabric for wider borders.  The plan now is for 7 by 9 blocks.  Here is what I have so far:


A nice rich dark blue for sashing.  And a close up view:


A wide variety of prints and backgrounds used, fabrics from the early 1990's to now!  There is quite a range for future quilt historians to ponder.  I wonder if antique quilts also contain fabric from over a 30 year time span?  Quite possibly.

I'll try to find time this week to get this (mostly) to a top, and ponder on borders.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread ThursdayCan I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

2 comments:

Susan said...

This is coming along nicely! Don't feel bad about fabric age - I've got some that old too.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

It's looking so great!! I am glad you are sticking with it! the sashing makes everything just shine!

Related Posts with Thumbnails