Thursday, August 5, 2021

Back from Alaska and more shopping

 I am back from my second trip this summer, to Alaska.  Hubby and I had a wonderful time, but I won't bore you with details.  Except, my fabric shopping!  Of course!

From Shop #1, Northern Threads in Fairbanks:


A beautiful kit with panel and fabric.  No we did not see the northern lights (nights are only 4 hours long in Fairbanks in the summer!) but it will be a memory anyways.

Shop #2 in McKinley Park (just outside Denali):


A set of Fat quarters.  Some of the fabrics are from a line of Texas wildflowers, but so what - they remind me of the flowers I saw in AK.

Shops #3 and #4, Quilt Tree and Quilted Raven in Anchorage:


Cedar waxwing fabric, and on the right, fabric with ravens and salmon pictured.  So pretty.  Now to get to work on finding coordinating fabric and start on some AK projects.  But first, a UFO - the Dutchman's Puzzle project I blogged about previously.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread ThursdayCan I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

5 comments:

Angela said...

Such fun fabric!

grammajudyb said...

Alaska is on my bucket list too! My broth and SIL are in Anchorage this week!

Meloney said...

Beautiful panel and fabric.

Bonnie said...

Wow -- you found a lot of quilt stores in Alaska. I remember going to one many years ago when we were cruising but couldn't tell you the name. It's fun to find special fabric on our travels.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your finds look fantastci!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails