Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Wednesday Check In - it's been awhile

 Wow, I haven't posted since August!  The reason is my day job keeps me very busy, during the day and into the evening and weekends.  When I do find  few hours, I take a nap.  So not much sewing has been done.

However: I did bind a hotpad this week:


It is about 11 inches square and made completely from scraps and leftovers.  Bits from from a previous red and white quilt.  Batting leftovers (cotton, 3 layers) from previous projects.  Backing too.  Even the binding is leftover from a red and white log cabin quilt project.

It actually doesn't match the colors in my kitchen, but will be great for Christmas time!  Now to find some time to put borders on my flying geese/Dutchman's puzzle project, still laid out on the design floor.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread ThursdayCan I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great use of scraps!! SEW glad that you were able to carve out some quilting time!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Hurray for getting some time to sew. Great use of your scraps. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a fun finish!! Sorry the job keeps you away!! rest up!!

For the love of geese said...

Cute, that would also be great for Valentines Day. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails