Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Nearly Insane Project is Done!

 Good day and welcome to my blog!

I am reporting that a long term project with much work put into it is done done.  I worked on Nearly Insane blocks in 2010 and 2011, but then put them aside for a long time.  I unearthed the project recently, while looking for fabric for binding something else.  I counted the blocks, set them out, and found I could make a rectangular quilt with only a few half blocks to add.  This is not the full 90+ blocks of the full quilt.

I reported earlier too that the top was done, and while the center was flat, the borders definitely weren't.

Well, off to the local long arm quilter it went.  I picked a simple fan quilt pattern, to let the pieced blocks shine.  She promised to do her best.

Well, what came back was simply amazing.  The borders are nearly as flat as the center.


Laid out on the floor of my sewing space.  Nearly Insane fans will note that yes, it's a smaller quilt, and I did not do the zigzag border.  In the original quilt the sashing was more of a tan color.  I had enough of the pink for sashing and border, but not much left over!  The quilt is bound in the black of the inner border.  Here is a close-up:


I am so happy this is done.  This is a keeper.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread Thursday,  Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

12 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Done and absolutely amazing! I love the rectangular shape and I'm sure the original maker would be proud! Gorgeous! Well done!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your NI looks great! No matter you didn't make all of the blocks, that's your choice and it's fine. Happy stitching!

Susan said...

I'd say you won on this one - finding it and only having to do a few more blocks, and then the longarmer making it even more beautiful. Congrats!

Karen's Korner said...

That definitely needed to reach the finish line. Well done.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

The longarmer did a fantastic job of bringing it all together. What a lot of effort that went into those blocks. I am pretty sure putting this one together would have driven me nearly insane. Maybe one day I'll try my hand at a project like this. Happy quilting! -Andrea

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations on a fabulous finish!!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Your choice of sashing and corner stones really allow the sampler blocks to shine. Well done.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

I love the pink sashing! Awesome quilt.

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh my gosh, Viridian -- this quilt is amazing!!! Congratulations on your beautiful finish!

Sylvia said...

A lovely finish!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

How cool!! That fan quilting is perfect - it lets the blocks and all the hard piecing work shine thru1! and you know - you will love it a lot more in this form than in blocks in a box!!

For the love of geese said...

This is a stunning finish, I would keep it too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails