Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Nearly Insane top is done

 Good day and welcome to my blog.

I am happy to report that my Nearly Insane project is now a top.


I had just enough pink fabric for sashing and outer border with just a little leftover.  I am sorry to say the borders really are a little wavy - my quilt tops usually lie very flat, but not this one.

This is 59 blocks plus half blocks to fill in - smaller than the original project of 90 + total blocks and half-blocks.  Each block is 6 inches square, finished.

A closer look:


And even closer, showing my original black fabric for the cornerstones, now gone.  I bought new black fabric for the rest of the cornerstones and border.  There is enough for black binding too.  The two fabrics are very similar!


Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Needle and Thread ThursdayCan I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

11 comments:

chrisknits said...

Wow! What a great top. It is just stunning.

Anne-Marie said...

Your quilt top is amazing!

Karen's Korner said...

I can see why it was given that name. Beautiful work.

Susan said...

Pretty quilt, and perfectly named too.

Norma Schlager said...

It looks beautiful! All that intense piecing, you did a great job.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh wow!!! This is stunning!!! all that work - it is amazing!

Margaret said...

Wow! That's quite something! Have you regained your sanity yet? ;-)

scraphappy said...

Congratulations! Such a fun quilt. So many tiny pieces.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Wow! It is an amazing top! So many little blocks that contain tiny pieces!!!

Quiltpiecer said...

This is gorgeous! So many pieces but I think the end result was well worth the time and effort.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Really amazing quilt top!!! It looks like there's a million blocks, so I can't imagine what it would be like in the original 90+ blocks!?! That background is so unusual. Very pretty.

Related Posts with Thumbnails