Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Why not a new project?

 I wrote last week about a finished quilt top - off to the long arm quilter soon.  Why not start a new project?  Yes, why not?


I have in mind a pink and white or cream log cabin quilt similar to the red and white log cabin I posted previously.  These strips are cut 1.5 inches wide for a finished width of 1 inch.  There is actually a pretty tall stack of strips here.  All of these pink strips fill a shoe box fully - which means that with the white strips to come, I will have enough for a 70 by 90 inch quilt, easy, if not larger.  Going through my extensive stash of pink fabrics, mostly reproduction double pinks, has been soothing in this crazy election season.  Now to attack my white and cream shirting fabrics!  You can see I have started on them.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

8 comments:

Marsha Cooper said...

My answer to why not start a new project is because I already have about 50 going.....but I do it anyway!

Unknown said...

not as PINK as I imagined---there is more depth to the various pinks---and the whites seem nice and creamy

Nann said...

Those double pink 1-1/2" strips take me back some years when the Quiltville mystery Double Delight used repros.....I had a box of pink/white strips left that hung around for years. (I finally sent it to someone (I forget who).) In my current CW mania I came across a great design by Kaye England that uses those very strips....let me know if you'd like to see it.

The Joyful Quilter said...

You are off to a good start. Those fabrics are going to make a lovely quilt!!

Karen's Korner said...

It is always exciting starting a new project. Enjoy.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Part of the fun of collecting fabric is discovering tucked away treasures that still resonate today. Lucky you to have so much fabric nearly ready to go for a twin or larger quilt.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You are right!! Why not - and those colors are so lovely it will be amazing!

Allison said...

I am always starting new projects - I can't help it LOL. Log cabin is my favourite quilt block.

Related Posts with Thumbnails