Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Pink and white log cabin: progress report

Hello and welcome to my blog.

I reported in a previous post the start of this project: a log cabin quilt top in reproduction pink and white fabrics.  I dug deep into my stash. I have been very busy in my day job the past two weeks, but I managed to finish some blocks to show today:


Each log finishes at one inch wide, and the finished block will be 10 inches square.

Laid out as I hope to set them:


This is very similar to a red and white log cabin quilt I finished earlier this year.  I like the stair step look of this straight furrows setting.  This is just the beginning, I have quite a bit more sewing to do!  I cut many many white and pink strips.  I hope to have a 80 inch by 90 inch quilt, maybe even larger!  It too will go to a local long arm quilter for quilting, and I will bind later.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

10 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Very sweet. Visiting from Midweek Makers.

Marsha Cooper said...

Very pretty! I am itching to do log cabin blocks again thanks to seeing them in the linky's but who knows when I will get around to them.

Susan said...

Looks good! Believe or not, I have yet to make a log cabin block. How sad that I haven't!

Jenny K. Lyon said...

Sooo, pretty! This will be fabulous when you're done.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Similar to, but different from the other one you made. Congrats! Any progress is good progress.

Nancy said...

Beautiful. I like your lights, which seem to include the very palest pinks or pink prints on a white background. These will become a delightful quilt.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I too like your stair step layout. Your fabrics choices make the blocks sparkle!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

You have such beautiful reproduction fabrics! And there is just nothing better than a log cabin quilt. I'm a big fan of the straight furrows set, too. Good luck finding time to sew!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I really really really love this one!!! The colors are just awesome!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your blocks are lovely. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Related Posts with Thumbnails