Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Scrappy Mountain Majesty is a top

As described in this post, I was at loose ends and cast about for a project.  Well, I worked on the blocks and I can now report that Scrappy Mountains Majesty (pattern by Bonnie Hunter) is now a top:


Fabric is from 10 or more years ago, and includes flowery calicos, blenders, and 1930's reproductions:


I also found that I had pre-cut squares of fabric suitable for watercolor quilts - remember them?  And the fabric for the border had been in the stash for a very long time, maybe 20 -30 years?  I have enough for a border and matching binding.


The border is black with small holly design.
I think I will quilt this myself on my trusty old Kenmore.  It is throw sized.  No rush however, no plans for this one.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

9 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Very pretty! I have made 2 small quilts from this pattern, hope to make more someday!

For the love of geese said...

Oh wow, it is a lovely finish.

Vicki in MN said...

I had to come check out your DM quilt since I have been doing this for table runners. Such pretty scrappiness to your quilt. I think it is a fun block don't you?

For the love of geese said...

Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on finishing up this lovely quilt top! This project has been on my list for 10 years. STILL haven't made it yet. I'm green with envy over your project!

Susan said...

Looks beautiful to me, no matter the fabric age!

Tracie @ Riceford Streams said...

Love this!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This is so great and it makes me want to go camping!! It reminds me of trees in the forest for some reason

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Very nice finish! Congratulations!

Related Posts with Thumbnails