Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Corner Kick quilt is done

Welcome to my blog!
I started this project on the last day of 2019 - sewing strips and crosscutting them.  I blogged about it in this post.
The pattern is from Gray Barn Designs, and is an interesting take on jelly roll quilts:
https://graybarndesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Corner-Kick-06-06-19.pdf

It is now quilted and bound:


Tropical batik jelly rolls strips, accented in yellow.  I did not have enough of that yellow for binding, so bought a closely matching batik for binding.  Back is a purple swirling print.  I have quilted it in straight lines in the ditch on my trusty old Kenmore sewing machine - about all I can manage as I never got the hang of free motion quilting.

A close-up:


It is about 50 by 60 inches. so a lap sized quilt.  No home or use for it right now, but maybe something will come to me.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

13 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty quilt, I love this pattern, and your color combo. Beautiful!

Vicki in MN said...

So pretty, it reminds me of tropical birds in all their gorgeous colors!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Bright and cheerful finish... LOVE it!!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Lovely rail fence quilt with a twist. The corner stones could be thought of as posts.

Linda said...

Great quilt. Love the colours and squares of bright yellow. I have never managed free motion quilting either so it’s always straight lines for me too.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a pretty quilt! I like the addition of the squares in the corners - they give all those strips a bit of a curved look!

Wendy F said...

What a great finish! Thanks for sharing the link to the pattern, I might pull out some of my scraps ...

Angela said...

The yellow diamonds add a great pop of color and tie the strips together so nicely.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Beautiful colors and prints, and just the right pattern for them! Congratulations!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great finish. I love the colors you put together. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Louise said...

This is so pretty! That little bit of yellow in the corners makes it so much more interesting than a plain rail fence. Great finish! :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh how pretty! Those colors together are just so soothing!

For the love of geese said...

Beautiful quilt for such a simple design, I don't think any other color combo would have been more perfect. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails