Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Continuing project: Red and white log cabin top

At some point last year, long before all the corona virus, I saw a red and white log cabin quilt pictured on Facebook.  If I could remember who made it, or who on Facebook posted it, I would gladly acknowledge them.  Alas, I did not write it down.  I did save my inspiration photo however:


Not an antique but with that antique look.  I busily cut strips of red and white fabrics.  I may have added to my stash with selected purchases.  😄  My blog post outlining my start is here.

Yellow centers, not 9 patches, no pink, just red and white fabrics:


Laid out on the design floor, some blocks sewn together:


This will keep me occupied for awhile!  The logs finish at 1 inch, the blocks are 10 inches square, and the quilt will be 70 by 90 inches.  I made 64 blocks, initially planning on a set of 8 blocks by 8 blocks, but 7 by 9 blocks works better on a bed.  No borders for this project, just a scrappy red binding.

Linking up with Midweek Makers, Put your foot down at For the love of geese, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Alycia Quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

6 comments:

Sue SA said...

Love red and white quilts and yours looks gorgeous! Just the right shade of red too.

Marsha Cooper said...

I love log cabin blocks but haven't made any since my stint after taking a class on them. Maybe someday I will get around to another one.

Norma Schlager said...

Hard to go wrong with red and white. There was an incredible installation at the Houston show several years ago. I love yours and glad the you stuck to just red and white.

deeinnebraska@gmail.com said...

Red and White. Some will disagree, but how can you go wrong! Beautiful!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh wow!!! that is so cool!

For the love of geese said...

This would make a great QOV, instead of the yellow centers add blue. Thank you for the inspiration, I will keep that in mind. It looks wonderful. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

Related Posts with Thumbnails