Tuesday, July 30, 2019

16 patch top

Post # 698!  Heading to 700!  I have been blogging here since 2004.

Today I am going to share with you a top that I pieced (except for borders) back in 2018 I think.  That year I was really into making quilts with real feedsack fabric.  I finally chose a border fabric and have the top ready for basting then quilting.


A simple 16 patch block, set on point.  A close-up of the fabric used:


(The muslin is new).  All vintage feedsack or vintage cotton fabric from antique fairs, antique malls, or ebay.
This quilt will finish at about 50 by 50 inches.  Now to cobble together some batting scraps and get to basting and quilting.  I'll do this one on my own sewing machine, as it's smaller.

Linking up with Let's Bee Social, Midweek Makers, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Busy Hands quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

8 comments:

Marsha Cooper said...

I would love to put something together like this with the tons of 2 inch squares that I have. I will sure keep it in mind....you know, when I get around to it.

Jenny said...

You have created a real vintage beauty! Is it staying with you? If it was mine I wouldn't be able to part with it.

Nancy said...

This certainly has the feeling of a 1930s or '40s quilt. It is charming and beautiful!

For the love of geese said...

This is lovely, muslin adds a nice warm touch to any quilt top, its my favorite fabric to use. But not all are created equal. This seems to have been the week for old finishes being completed. Thank you for linking up with Put your foot down, hope you'll come back.

Anonymous said...

The feedback fabrics are just delightful! Such a lovely quilt!

Ramona said...

What a special quilt... the fabric collected and stitched into this pretty design. Enjoy quilting and finishing this beauty.

Susan said...

Lovely feed sack quilt - everything plays so well together!

chrisknits said...

So pretty, and it definitely has that vintage vibe. Love the border fabric.

Related Posts with Thumbnails