Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Wednesday quilt finish

And the double wedding ring quilt is done done.


58 by 68 inches.  I looked up on the internet how to smoothly finish binding, and got recommendations from a quilt mailing list I am on.  I had to tussle with the quilt, and the first time I tried it I twisted one end of the binding.  I almost cried.  But I unsewed the binding ends, untwisted the binding and tried again.  It worked!  And I can tell you that the directions given for double fold binding also works for single fold binding.

A close up of the edge, though not of the final join:


Linking up with Let's Bee Social, Midweek Makers, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Busy Hands quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

4 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

Fabulous job! Congratulations on sticking with it to the glorious end. What a beautiful masterpiece!

Susan said...

Congratulations!

Kathy S. said...

It looks great! I love that pattern and the scrappy goodness of it. The binding and finishing of it continues to keep me away from buying that Accuquilt die for now. Thanks for sharing your struggle. I have other things on my bucket list right now.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

It is beautiful! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap! Definitely a finish to be proud of.

Related Posts with Thumbnails