Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Wednesday Quilt progress

Hello and welcome to my blog, where I try to post weekly.

No finish, but I am so close!  I am hand binding my double wedding ring quilt, which I spent much of the last 6 months hand quilting.  I am using single fold bias binding (to get around those curves) and I have to hand sew it down on the front and the back.  I have made it around 3.5 sides of the quilt and have only a few scallops to do.


A portion of the finished binding.  I hope to report a finish early next week.

Linking up with Let's Bee Social, Midweek Makers, Can I get a Whoop Whoop, Nina-MarieFinished or Not at Busy Hands quilts, Oh Scrap at Quilting is more Fun than Housework.

I have a page on Facebook: keep up with my infrequent quilt posts at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Viridian61/347674418583948?ref=hl

Viridian

9 comments:

mangozz said...

What a beautiful quilt that must be! Just the little bit that I can see is gorgeous! I love the peach background color. Could you tell me what it is and the brand? Thanks.

Rebecca Grace said...

Wow, what an amazing almost finished quilt! Your binding looks great.

Cathy said...

Oh how lovely! Can’t wait to see it all finished up!

Marly said...

Lovely! All that hand quilting; it's a labour of love!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a beautiful quilt! I'm so impressed that you're hand sewing the binding on both sides - do you have a special technique for getting through all those layers when you're sewing the binding onto the quilt initially?

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I am looking forward to the finished quilt. What I can see is lovely. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Susan said...

Binding on curves is one thing I have yet to tackle. Though I don't see it in my future soon! Great job!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Looks like a wonderful quilt! And all your hand quilting will make it so very special.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I bet that is so beatuiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails